Welcome Friends...

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope I can inspire you to get a little crafty ....

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Halloween Haunted house ....

 I have recently gotten back into doing some of the things I love doing... With that being said,  this spring I got busy working on transforming a section of our garage into my wood shop .... being on the cheap side I bought a new scroll saw... after attempting to use it a few times, I decided that wasn't such a good idea ... so I invested in a good one, the right tools really do make crafting fun ... 

This little house file came from SVG Cuts... I transformed into a wood pattern 
The paper collection is from Graphic 45  ... One of my favorite designers  
Misc, cut files from the Silhouette Store, and google ...

Machines Used for this project :

Eclips
Silhouette
Scroll Saw
Dremel 
Bench Sander  


Haunted House File from Svgs ... Haunted Forest Collection 
Graphic 45 paper Collection An Erie Tale ....
Every detail... of the house and figure were cut out of wood painted and covered with Graphic 45 
paper




After making many paper projects ... Which I love all the pretty papers I wanted to make something that would last for many years to come ... I use to do all kinds of wood working and enjoyed it when I did it ... after several moves and life getting in the way, I have decided it's time to get back into it ...




The details are everything when doing a project like this... it's a labor of love sorta ...lol




I more than likely went a little over board in posting pics of this project, please keep in mind my blog could change a little every day when I post things like this little house ... as I'm still working on the blog details ...



Now for some of the details ... Using my Eclips I cut out the pattern for the house... after removing all the little tabs for glueing paper together I traced each piece I needed onto thin Balsic wood... Using my Drill press I drilled  all the holes for the inside cuts ... this is where having a really good Scroll saw comes in handy as taking the blade in and out can be a pain ...lol



Very carefully and lots of time later I had all the little pieces cut out... I lightly sand around each piece and painted every thing black, with a large container of Americana crafters paint ... Keep in mind I used a whole jar of that paint on this project .... I used Tacky glue to glue the whole project together, I found that glueing the paper to the project seemed to work better after the house was glued together ... On the paper part I used the little bottle of Tomboy glue ....




Oh my goodness as far the curved roof and chimney all I can say is trial and error and lots of patience ..... I glued it for the most part I did however use my nail gun in a few area's, just be ware if you try this the wood is very thin and getting the tiny brads in the wood where you want can be very difficult, and can split your wood... I did find a few tiny wood clamps that did work around the top of the roof but for the most part it's a lot of patience waiting for the glue to dry while you are holding it down ...






I started out doing this project thinking I was going to do it exactly as I would if I was doing out of paper ... Ha ha, for the most part it did work however here and there I made a few changes, the first one was the door I wanted to leave it open so I cut it out ... There is is not much room for having the door open with the way the porch was meant to go together ... so after some thinking and trying different things I came up with the little spider webs on the posts for the front porch ...





lol... Here is another little change I made I add the 2 little windows in the side ... instead of covering it with paper I did a little fussy cutting ... yes with my Tim Holtz scissors I cut out the flowers and pumpkins for the side ... I also added a little slant to the shutters and covered them in the paper all paper is from Graphic 45 ... An Erie Tale Collection



The mini string of lights I added before I applied the roof to the top ... love the little lights however don't forget to turn them off I'm pretty sure before Halloween actually gets here I will have to change my batteries ...lol



Trial and Error... I was wanting something to put on the edges of the roof .... loved the scroll spider but I decided against ... maybe another project sometime ....





This is my New Scroll Saw ... I love my work area in the garage, however hubby wasn't to impressed with me taking over a section of his garage ....


Work in progress....



                                                     Mini Battery powered lights .....




               The details .... lots of trial and error went into this project ... trying out the new saw :)




Notice I did spend the time cutting out the scroll work for the front but again decided against it, do to I want to leave the door open ....




The chimney this little thing took me forever to figure out, Have you ever tried to to get wood to bend ...lol  and yes I do get messy, please excuse my painted fingers :)









                 Spider Web, for around the front door .....






























Oh my gosh this little guy took a while to make he measures approximately 31/2 inch's tall...
and yes he is jointed, tied together with twine ....
















3 comments:

Kristi said...

WOW!!! It looks great! I thought it looked fantastic when you were still in the process of putting it together, but it really looks "spooktacular" now! :-)

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness, your project is amazing! I have always wanted to do something like this, but not having ANY experience with wood and saws, it's only a dream for me! I think it's so cool you did it!
The details are awesome!!!

KimberlyRae said...

Amazing work, Cindy!